2 Day Colour Printing Workshop
I am running a number of workshops at the newly added colour darkroom at Hulkes Lane Darkroom and Studio in Rochester, Kent.
In this 2 Day workshop you will learn how to make hand-made colour prints in the darkroom. On this one-to-one colour printing workshop, you will be shown how to print from your colour negatives the traditional way using a professional De Vere 504 enlarger with Dichromat head. This workshop is suitable for beginners with some B&W experience.
Day 1 will take you through the colour printing process:
- Introduction to the De Vere 504 enlarger.
- How to create a contact sheet from a set of negatives.
- How to use Yellow, Magenta and Cyan (YM+C) filtration.
- How to assess YM+C colour casts.
- How to correct YM+C colour casts.
Day 2 is an opportunity to make more prints and get further one-to-one guidance on assessing and correcting your colour prints, putting into practice the skills you will learn on Day 1.
You will need to bring along some well exposed colour negatives (35mm, 120 or 5x4) and a small notebook to keep track of your adjustments to take part in the workshop. All other equipment is provided as part of the workshop.
The HL colour darkroom uses the following equipment:
- De Vere 504 enlarger with Dichromat head.
- Durst Printo RA-4 Paper Processor (prints up to 12 x 16”).
- Fuji Crystal Archive paper (8 x 10” or 10 x 12’).
- Tetanal Colortec C-41 chemicals.
If you want to bring your own colour paper for the second day you can, but please note that 12 x 16” is the largest size we can print in our processor.
Before booking on this 2 Day workshop please contact email@example.com to arrange suitable days.